Initiative for the elimination of violence against women and children (IEVAWC) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), that is committed to preventing, eliminating, and providing lasting solutions to gender violence such as wife-battering, rape and child sexual abuse in the society, so as to create an enabling environment towards nation building.
IEVAWC, although founded June 14, 2006, was officially registered with the CAC July 18, 2008. The Organization comprises a team of young men and women working together to provide solutions and answers to questions posed to us by women and children who have been violated in one way or the other.
Violence against women and children is a big health issue and a human right concern in our society today. Worldwide, one out of three women suffers physical or emotional abuse in their lifetime. While 50% of female assault survivors are 15 years or younger, 10% of boys are sexually abused before they turn 18.
Therefore we intend to achieve our aim, mission and vision by giving adequate advice and confidential counseling services to victims of gender violence through sensitive education and enlightenment campaigns such as seminars, talk shows, interactive forums, concerts, etc. IEVAWC is not only out to just identify and penalize, but also to rehabilitate the aggressors, so as to promote tolerance and peace and to learn to reject violence as a means to any end.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Preventing and Eliminating Gender Violence.
- Giving sensitive advice and confidential counseling services to victims of gender violence.
- Promoting human development through sensitive education and enlightenment campaigns on the prevention and elimination of gender violence.
- Encouraging the identification, penalization and rehabilitation of the aggressors.
- Encouraging and inspiring women, youth and children discover themselves, their real potential and their gifts and calling in each sphere of life.
- Promoting collective peace and tolerance in order to reject violence as a means to any end.
b. solicit, receive from home and abroad materials such as medicine, food and any other aid, and disburse such materials as it deems fit towards the eradication of its aims and objectives.
- The proper application of any funds realized towards the eradication of gender violence, illiteracy, poverty, diseases, and any other purpose which the trustees deem fit and proper.
- To promote the principles of the rule of law and respect for the enforcement of fundamental human rights.
- To create and maintain an endowment fund for the proper and thorough observance and discharge of any of the above aims and objectives.
- To inspire men and women, youth and children through sensitive education and enlightenment campaigns on the prevention and elimination of gender violence such as wife battering, rape and child sexual abuse.
- To make women, youths and children discover themselves, their rights in the society, their real potential, their gifts and calling in each sphere of life.
- Our desire is to see positive changes in the lives of abused women and children and the society at large, thereby contributing our quota towards nation building and capacity/potential utilization.
- To build strong and viable relationships between men and women, parents/guardian and children/wards.
- To inculcate Godly values, Discipline and respect for all gender, in the lives of children and young people.
- To serve with integrity
- God is the creator and giver of life, therefore no human have total control over another human’s life.
- God is the great healer of physical, emotional, and spiritual wounds.
- Every man or woman, boy or girl, young or old, have a right and in that right lies the potential for greatness.
Our work and involvement in the society is multifaceted. This is done solely or in partnership with other organizations through the following strategies:-