Are u in or around Elekeru community? Black Girls Ignite Africa in Partnership with IEVAWC will be embarking on a community project. Building of Primary Schools. Do you Want to Volunteer? For More Info- send all your requests, questions or suggestions to email@example.com. Or send a text to +2348181096328. Thanks.
- Floods affect millions in Bangladesh, India and Nepal August 18, 2017SAPTARI, Nepal, 21 August 2017 – As the floodwaters receded, Asha Devi Raya, 30, came down from the roof of her house. She had spent the night up there along with her 28-day-old baby daughter, four other children, and her in-laws. Relentless rainfall across much of Nepal has resulted in monsoon flooding and landslides.
- Mobilizing communities to fight a severe cholera outbreak in South Sudan August 17, 2017Kapoeta, South Sudan, 15 August 2017 – It started around 6 p.m. one evening, shortly after supper. Regina Lotem had been warned about it for weeks and even though she tried to prevent it, she knew it might happen. Her five-year-old son Juma had been vomiting and had severe diarrhoea for several hours. If not treated properly, she knew his life could be at ri […]
- Back to school: Afghan teenager in Serbia aims to fulfil her dreams August 15, 2017BELGRADE, Serbia, 15 August 2017 – “I sleep, you sleep, he sleeps... We sleep, you sleep, they sleep.” Shabnam, 13, slowly conjugates the verb in a language that until recently had been completely foreign and incomprehensible to her.
- A Syrian doctor’s determination in the face of violence and displacement August 15, 2017LATTAKIA, Syrian Arab Republic, 18 August 2017 – Two years ago, an escalation of violence in the northern Syrian city of Idleb forced Dr. Khaled and his family to flee their home. It was only four days after the birth of his son.
- Children under attack in Yemen: Hameed’s story August 11, 2017SANA’A, Yemen, 11 August 2017 – Twelve-year-old Hameed is lying on a bed at the Thula Public Hospital north of Sana'a. This is the second time he has been hospitalized in the last few weeks, both times to receive treatment for cholera.